Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Sort of Homecoming

Getting away to tropical Delaware for a long weekend was one of my best ideas of the year.  Caught up with family, met the newest littlest one, Liam, played with Rachel and Jacob, day tripped to Lums Pond, and even got some solid marathon training in.

Really hard to top that kind of action, unless you're counting Alaina's weekend, where she won overall amateur female at Syracuse 70.3 and has a chance to get her pro triathlete license!!!  She'll get a blog of her own for that one.

This is the wee peanut, Liam.  We had some tummy crawling time and big gummy smiles.  He's a cutie.

                                      
Family baseball time in the backyard.  Jacob could play ball all day long and never tire.  And he knows his Phillies on TV.  Much fun.

                                               
Apparently I hadn't cleaned out my ears in a few weeks, because Rachel sees carrots growing out of them.

Lums Pond has one sweet disc golf course, with a some field holes and some woods holes very well maintained.  Eric and I played a full 18, both throwing some mean disc, and then Mom joined us for a few holes.  

 Get low, Eric!  

We did some kayaking on Lums Pond, which is really more like a small lake.  Saw great blue herons, turtles,  and a big white bird whose name I don't know.  On the water, time and cares float far away.

Great Blue Heron

Pretty turtle

I heard a splash and a big belly laugh behind me after I got out of my kayak, which could only mean one thing.  Eric's foot fell asleep while we were out, so he stepped down and collapsed in soggy heap.  Funny stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment