Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poto Trail Run

I'd been trying to get a group of BTers to join me for a winter trail run but there were conflicting schedules and injuries and the like, so it turned out to be just Alaina and me for today's gloriously sunny run.  The temps dipped into the single digits over night and rose a couple of degrees during this run, but I double bagged my noggin and tights and was actually a bit hot at the start.


Aquaphor on the nose and cheeks before we headed out.



This is one of the rare flat areas on the Poto, though with the obviously uneven surfaces, footing was tricky.  Every step went backward and sideways, but it's all part of the adventure.


Look ma, I'm flying.


Still smiling, and check out all that sun behind us!


I love descending!  The closest you can get to the freedom of downhill skiing while running.


Check out how much the trail has carved out of the terrain.  Cool to run through, but they should probably reroute this section to allow for re-vegetation.


This was my view for an hour and a half.  Actually, this has been my view for the last year and a half as I try to keep up with that skinny speedster.


She'll be comin' down the "mountain" when she comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment