Friday, March 16, 2012

Good Trail Time

These last few weeks I've been able to get back to some great trail running with no pain in the peroneal tendon or in the soleus.  I'm still going in for some PT in a week just to make sure nothing comes back, but so far all signs are positive that I can get back to running the way I want.

So what would be a good week now?  I feel like 80-90 miles over 6 days a week of running, with the majority of these miles on trails would be ideal for where I'm at right now.  Monday a rest day.  I should avoid speedwork for the time being because every time I throw in some tempo or intervals I seem to either irritate or bring up a new little pain somewhere south of the hips.

I did my first back to back (to back) long running block last weekend, with 13 hilly trail miles on Friday, 14.5 on Saturday, and a strong 22 miles on trails at ~8:20/mi on Sunday.  I even did 1:22 of mountain biking before the 22 miler because it was in the 60s and sunny as all get-out.  Legs felt solid afterward without any return pains, so that's a great sign for my first 50 miler at Winona Lake, Indiana in one month.  Took Monday off, which my sticks said was smart.  I liked the long running weekend block, though next time I'll do the longest run Sat and shorter Sun so that I don't invite injury.

Cody at the very hilly Stinchfield Woods
cody stinch

No comments:

Post a Comment