Sunday, March 4, 2012

Running with the RUTters

I ran with the RUT group today at Maybury State Park, a new-to-me trail locale just 20 minutes away. RUT is an ultrarunner group based out of Running Fit, a local running store that has been expanding throughout Michigan. I've been following their facebook group for a month or so and decided to meet up. 
Just a dusting of snow, with the sun making an attempt to come out

There were almost a dozen runners when we started, and I ran with 5 super friendly and funny runners on some double track and some single track horse trails and MTB trails. Since I do almost all my running solo, I didn't realize how fun it is to run with other people that love doing what I love, which is running long on trails in the woods. 

I ran with two guys that have finished Leadville and a woman who is running this year. It quickly became apparent that this group is loaded with ultra vets who have done tons of races across the country and seen their share of great races and total crash and burns too. They made me feel welcome right away too, even though they all knew each other and I was obviously the new guy. 






Lots of jokes, making fun of ourselves and each other, telling stories, discussing random things like the difference between a latte and a cappuccino, the possibility of eating one's car with the help of a juicer, and the goofiness of the Hoka One One shoes. 

Great times, looking forward to running with this group again!

No comments:

Post a Comment