Monday, February 7, 2011

Leslie Front 9 Snow Hike

After a 13-mile long run in some sloppy road conditions with Alaina this morning, I took Cody out to the hilly front nine holes of Leslie Golf Course.  We love this area because it's rather difficult for most people to get to, with either a hike through Stapp Nature Area or a long trek through the back nine and under a tunnel.  Ergo, we almost always have the place to ourselves.  The drifts were 2-3 feet deep at times, so there was romping a-plenty for the two of us.  I posted my first video at the end of this blog, which gives a glimpse of Cody atop a hill, looking out for coyotes and protecting her flock of one, me. 
Is the color working on this thing?

I'll crush your soul, Mr. Stick!

Hey, gimme, I was just soul-crushing...

Which way for dog sleds?
Obligatory glamor shot.

Ryan discovers the magic of macro setting.

Should've brought the pancakes with all that syrup.

Who says winter is all black and white?

Perch #1 under canopy of pine.

Puppy bliss.  Look at those eyes.

SHROOM!

Best buds, obviously.

Dad's hand me downs + yaktrax, aka MY Michigan boots.

Looks like a ferocious Lord of the Rings creature, but Cody's not scared.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME PICS! I didn't think you had enough snow for snow shoes. Loved the pictures of the syrup tree and the pine cones. Are you taking up photography? you can sell these at studios!
    Much love!
    Col

    ReplyDelete