Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pleasant Lake CX Ride

Check out this day. High 40s, a touch windy, but skies as blue as the ocean and every road drenched in sun. The exploring duo made it 54 miles in just about 3 hours and 20 minutes, and for the dirt roads and rolling farm country, that's not too shabby. Still, next weekend's 65 mile race is going to bring us some new kinds of pain. Can't wait!

After a delightfully lazy morning, we left from our house and quickly got out to farmland near Dexter and then Pleasant Lake. Everything about this bike was better than simply "pleasant."

We didn't see a single car on this stretch for 1/2 hour.

Time for a quick snack to lift the spirits.

I think I'll just hang out in the middle of the road.

All the inspiration I need to keep pedaling.

The barn says: Sunset Farms. Rochester, holla.

What kinds of birds of prey might live there?

Hobbitses homes, my precious.

That's the kind of view I can get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment