Monday, March 7, 2011

Winter's Last Stand

A few hours after days-long rain finally washed away all our snow and had us thinking Springy thoughts, we got 4" of fresh powder. So we made the best of it and hiked Cody ragged through Black Pond Woods and the golf course. Then, as a special treat, we took naps, all three of us! I *heart* naps.

Determined not to sleep right through my long run day, I set off for the woods, for a last snow trail hurrah. Turned out to be one of the best two hour runs I've ever been on, as I explored some old favorites and found a few new sights as well.
Jacob and Rachel need one of these.

coffee + snowy woods = happy Alaina
"These woods are lovely, dark and deep"
Ain't no creek cold enough
Totally covered.  Totally happy.

Start of my run.  Couldn't be happier.

Fresh track loveliness

The dude approves.
Just outside the city, immersed in the woods.


Perfect picnic spot.  In a few more weeks.


Nothing flat at the Arb; reminds me of Highland Park.
Longest run of the year hurt, but at least I didn't need this.

2 comments:

  1. is that a slide going into a pool?! Where is this "house", MI?? So cool! I hope to NOT see anymore snow this year! The news mentioned today, 3/7 that Syracuse could see snow up to MAY!!! Thank goodness we are not there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the coolest tree fort on the planet? It's just in the backyard of someone's house a few blocks from our house. The slides don't go into a pool, but it looks like there are 2 straight slides and the twisty one. So cool!

    ReplyDelete