Sunday, November 18, 2012

How Do I Blog My Workouts?

For the last four years, from when I started working out, I've logged my workouts on beginnertriathlete.com.  It's been a fantastic resource, and I've made friends through the forums, received and given inspiration to other triathletes, and learned a lot about the sport.

But I'm not really a triathlete any more.  I haven't done a tri since August, 2011.  Today I followed the live athlete tracking and live video feed (at Ironman Arizona) of some triathletes I know, and some I've only known online, and some pros that kick ass and have a great attitude and I cheer for them, if only virtually.  But throughout 2012, following these great athletes from race to race, being invested in the spectacle of Kona, and wondering whether this would make me want to race a tri again, I've realized that I still have zero interest in doing another triathlon in the coming future.

Of course, like anything else, this could change in a matter of months.  But for me, it's more unlikely that I'll return with every passing month that I stay away from the sport.

So I don't really feel comfortable posting on beginnertriathlete.com any longer.  I'd rather write a blog about my running on here, allow it to be for myself any anyone who wants to stop by, but not necessarily connected to triathlon, since I'm probably going to be doing solely ultras for a while.

But I like tracking my mileage, time running, pace, vert gain, etc because they are metrics that can be useful for self-reflection.  What did I do the weeks leading up to a race?  What did I do before my latest injury?  What shoes was I running in?

So I need a gadget for blogger, a tracker that is easy to add to this blog, where I can log my runs in terms of time, distance, and pace, and that keeps my totals for the year.  BT's tracker had this and I found it inspirational and good for reflection.  Anyone have something like this that they recommend?

Examples of the BT logs:


No comments:

Post a Comment