Monday, November 19, 2012

Song of the Day: Passion Pit -- Constant Conversations

This entry needs a better title if it's going to be a regular thing.

Anyway, I listen to a lot of music.  One metric ton of music in fact (not an actual fact).  And I love discovering new bands, songs, albums, sounds, and genres. I'm a non-partisan music listener.  Hank Williams?  Hell yeah. Kendrick Lamar? Definitely.  So I had this idea on my run today that every day I'd post one short blog about a song that has captured my ear, with the youtube video included.  Let's kick the tires on this idea.

Passion Pit -- Constant Conversations

On Gossamer, Passion Pit's 2012 electropop release, Michael Angelakos hones in his prototypical song type -- manic-dance-beat-meets-dark-introspective-lyrics -- with fantastic songs like "I'll Be Alright" that build on "Sleepyhead"'s sonic bi-polarism from Passion Pit's first LP, Manners.  But what I find even more intriguing about Gossamer is the inclusion of tracks like Constant Converstaions, a slow, swinging, intimate R&B song that is today's song of the day.

Favorite lyric:

I never wanna hurt you baby /
I'm just a mess with a name and a price /
And now I'm drunker than before /
They told me drinking doesn't make me nice
  



No comments:

Post a Comment