Sunday, November 25, 2012

SOD: Replacements -- Left of the Dial

I'm not very good at keeping in touch with people. There are dozens of ways to contact old friends and family. More ways, faster ways than ever. But I don't. I keep tuning in to the fuzz on the radio, rather than the stations I love. I really need to get better at this.

This 'Mats song is about losing touch with someone that meant something to you, and knowing that you'll probably never hear from them again. It makes me regretful, but not hopeless.

Final lyrics in the song:
Pretty girl keep growin' up, playin' make-up, wearin' guitar
Growin' old in a bar, ya grow old in a bar
Headed out to San Francisco, definitely not L.A.
Didn't mention your name, didn't mention your name

And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while
I'll try to find you
Left of the dial


No comments:

Post a Comment